Fishing is one of the oldest and most popular pass times anywhere in the world. Whether it is done for fun as a hobby, or competition or even as a source of livelihood, there is no denying that it does have it is in its own way an exhilarating source of adrenaline rush. Fishing done for fun or for sport is usually on a small scale and success is greatly determined by the tools at the person’s disposal. The better your tools, the better your chances of getting a great catch. When going fishing, there are three super important things you should take with you; bait, a fishing rod and a Baitcasting reel. Of these, the most important is probably the reel which is used to lower the bait and lift the fish from the water. One of the best brands is the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel.
Getting Started With Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Review – Product SpecificationsBaitcasting Reel Maintenance Tips
- Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel AIRD100P, AIRD100HS and AIRD100HL
- Model Name: Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel
- Dealer’s Official Website: Daiwa Aird
- Description: Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Review
- Item Model Number: AIRD100HS
- It is fitted with a four stainless steel ball bearing that is enhanced with an extra roller that makes it smooth and to operate.
- For a durable and long gear life, it is fitted with a Dura gear brass.
- MagTrax brake system gives consistent brake pressure throughout the cast
- Weight: 7.7 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 6 x 7 inches
- An ergonomic design that is done through its compact bent handle and the recessed foot.
- Gear Ratio: 7.1 :1 gear ratio
- Where To Buy Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel: The Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel is available and you can order this here – Click Here To Buy the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Design
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel has earned popularity over the years due to its amazing features that promote not only functionality but aesthetic appeal. Its features include:
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Details and Features
- 9 part bearing system
This is the system that ensures that as you reel in your catch, there is no friction interfering. The nine part system is made up of eight ball bearings and one roller bearing. This makes operating the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel a whole lot smoother and easier. The balls and rod are all stainless steel and as a result are rust proof and resistant to corrosion. This means that whether you are fishing in a fresh water lake or a salty sea you don’t have to be too worried about the Baitcasting reel getting wet.
- Soft touch grip on the handles
Anyone who has ever been out fishing can tell you how important firm grip can be. Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel provides this with its unique swept handles. They are covered with textured rubber to increase grip and make it more comfortable to handle for long. The handles are also unusually large which also goes a long way in stabilizing your hold on the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel. This comes in handy when you are reeling in a heavy fish or when the fish is struggling against the line.
- Automatic magnetic braking system
When fishing, you need to be able to stop the line either after the bait is in the water or the fish is out. For this, a good braking system is important. Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel uses Magforce® cast control which provides the person using it with a faster and easier way to stop the line. It also has an anti-reverse system as well as dual stopper that help with easy operation of the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel.
- 6.3: 1 Gear ratio
In lay man’s terms, a gear ratio refers to the number of rotations on the spool made by one complete rotation of the handle. In this case, the line rotates 6.3 times on the spool with one complete turn on the handle. The larger the first number, the faster the line retrieval is. This means that Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel has one of the fastest retrieval speeds thanks to the gear ratio. This means you get to remove your fish from the water quickly before it changes its mind and decides to release the bait when your line wasn’t hooked.
- Light Weight And Compact Design
The Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel weighs a mere 7.7 oz. which makes it super easy not only to use but to carry around in your language without too much inconvenience. The light weight is achieved using an aluminum frame as well as side plates that distribute the weight. The Aird bait caster is also designed in such a way that it is easy to handle as well as to store by being extremely compact and stable. It is also an aesthetically appealing product available in black and gold which give it an elegant and professional looking appearance. So if you are relatively new to the fishing game, getting yourself a Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel will give your fishing mates an illusion that you know exactly what you are doing; all from the color and design of you tool.
- Large line capacity
Line capacity in fishing refers to the maximum weight of fish the line can comfortably handle. It is given in form of pounds of fish per yard of line (lbs. /yds.). For the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel, the line capacity is 12/100 or 14/100. The shorter the line the more it is capable of handling. Compared to other Baitcasting reels, this line capacity is quite impressive and will allow you to get some of the big ones without damaging your gear.
- Open access spool system
A spool in fishing is cylinder around which the fishing line is wound to retrieve the fish or unwound to deep the line into water. Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel has an open spool system which allows the user to easily control the lone using their thumbs. The cylinder in this model is aluminum but is perforated to minimize contribution to overall weight. The open design of the system also avoids the back lash phenomenon where the line shoots backwards towards the user and could out them at risk of injury.
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Pros:
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Functionality
- Reduced chances of the reel slipping out of your hands when wet or when the catch is outing up quite fight.
- It is resilient and durable due to the high quality materials used to make it. This means that you get to enjoy using your reel year after year.
- Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel is rust-proof and corrosion resistant.
- The open access spool eliminates backlash making Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel safer to use.
- Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel requires minimal maintenance.
- It is compact and thus easy to pack, carry around or store when not in use.
- It is very easy to operate with minimum training required. So you can come from armature to pro in no time.
- Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel can either have left-handed or right handed control meaning that no one is left at a disadvantage.
- Light weight due to perforation of spool.
- High retrieval speeds.
Recommended: Baitcasting Reel Maintenance Tips
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Review Concerns
Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Cons:
– After reading everyone elses reviews about this reel there is a common thread which is that the reel and Aird Rod make a nice looking combo and for the most part the reel works well. However it has a lot of plastic parts and won’t stand up to heavy use like the more expensive reels. That being said it is a great reel if you have a budget under $60
Check This YouTube Video on the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Review
There is no denying that Daiwa Baitcasting Reel is a great product. With all its great features you are sure to have the time of your life when out fishing. It is easy to use regardless of your fishing experience, the strength of the water or size and weight of the fish you catch. So if you are a fishing veteran looking for an upgrade or a newbie looking for the best way to kick off your new hobby, the Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel is a great choice for the price. We hope you enjoyed our Daiwa Aird Baitcasting Reel Review!