Rays of morning sunlight create waves of frost that rise up from the frozen lake in patches. You’ve already dropped a line to no avail in a couple of your usual places. The lack of anything close to resembling a nibble makes you even more aware of the cold as it creeps in. You swear to yourself then and there that the next time you come it’ll be with an ice fishing fish finder.
The Marcum LX-7 Ice Fishing Sonar System/Fishfinder has everything you’ll ever need for locating fish from an icy surface. Five star customer ratings across the board place the Marcum LX-7 on top of all competition. The LX-7 model offers a larger screen with an 8 inch LCD display. Features like its vertical zoom and dual cone (8° or 20°) capability add user value to an already solid unit. Make sure to bring your camera as well because the Marcum LX-7 will help bring the fish up from under that ice!
The Marcum LX-7 Ice Fishing Fish Finder Features And Specifications
Marcum technologies got a real boost back in 2012 when they officially partnered with Rapala. Since then Marcum ice fishing fish finders have been the fastest growing name in the industry. The LX-7 is top of the line among ice fishing fish finder models. It will greatly increase your knowledge of where fish are and the underwater structure of your favorite fishing areas.
- 8 Inch LCD Display – You actually have something to look at with a larger size 8 inch screen. Seeing what the screen offers is what really packs a punch!
- Four Color Variations – Select the color output that makes it easiest for your eyes to distinguish the images.
- User Selective Dashboard – Choose between depth, range, gain, interference rejection, target adjust, and battery voltage. The selective dashboard allows you to pick which of these you want displayed!
- Multiple Underwater Windows – The Marcum LX-7 allows the user to switch views between water column vertical, vertical zoom, flasher dial, or the standard horizontal graph.
- Sonar Footprint Technology – This advanced technology will scan the bottom in either 8 or 20 degree cones. The user can switch between the two to see exact locations of bait or lure in relation to nearby fish. The technology also helps to eliminate interference from other nearby sonar systems.
- True Time – Reveals images in .02 seconds. Faster than the eye transmits info to the brain!
- Dynamic Depth Interface – The screen locks the distance between depth and water column obstructions to provide maximum image detail.
- Selectable Zoom Windows – Choose between 5′, 10′, 20′, and 40′ zoom windows.
These are some impressive features to be held in an ice fishing fish finder, but the list doesn’t stop there! The Marcum LX-7 also offers 4800 watts of power, 1/2 inch target separation, auto/manual range setting, auto populating depth scale, split screen zoom mode, adjustable zoom in 1 inch increments, and a scrolling graph open water mode.
It really comes down to what you’re looking for in an ice fishing fish finder. As it goes you’d be hard pressed to find one of better quality and with as much capability as the Marcum LX-7. We really like how much the unit is designed with the user in mind. Nearly every feature can be self set to the specs that work best for you.
The Marcum LX-7 comes complete with its own rechargeable 12 volt, 9 amp battery. It also comes with a charger, and a soft case for storage and easy carrying. It’s suggested that you charge the battery the day before use for maximum life. The large 8 inch screen and the dual footprint ability working in concert with its built in dynamic depth interface allow you to actually see the fish after your lure. We think that’s pretty cool!
The Marcum LX-7 ice fishing fish finder comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty. I also saw customer support handle an upset customer with a sincere apology and a full refund.
There is the fact that the Marcum LX-7 is a mass produced piece of electrical equipment. Although it has mostly 5 star reviews and a 2 year warranty, there are reviews claiming malfunction on the ice. This is never a positive experience if it happens to you.
I also read that heavier line can give off interference that disturbs the image. Any fishermen unaware might assume the unit is malfunctioning.
Finally, I witnessed concern and difficulty when using the Marcum LX-7 in depths shallower than 6 feet. This could be a breaking point if you commonly ice fish in very shallow water.
If you’re looking for more than a simple ice fishing fish finder we believe the Marcum LX-7 is the right place to begin. It’s got thew right size screen and abilities that actually get results when out on the ice. The unit comes self sustained with everything you need to carry, store, recharge, and properly use. Joining up with a trusted name like Repala is always a bonus. It does bring an assurance of continued quality. Although it’s disappointing to see the few negative customer reviews, the satisfaction rate is overwhelming.
We’d love to hear about your experience with the Marcum LX-7, or any other ice fishing fish finder. We welcome your feedback and are quick to respond. Thanks for reading and we hope this information has been useful!