There are many of us who dream of fishing, and there are those that do go fishing. There are those lucky people, who can take off for a day, or for a week, and cast their line out over the water, dreaming like all of us, of catching that trophy fish.
It all starts with the equipment and like many of you, I have lost count of the times I have entered the sport shop to practice in my mind, the casting with the solid, shiny, and spanking brand new, Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel.
Getting Started With Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Review – Product Specifications
- Shimano Curado I Baitcasting Reel
- Model Name: Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel
- Dealer’s Official Website: Shimano Fishing
- Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Product Specifications: Shimano 200I Baitcast Reel Product Specs
- Description: Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Review
- Item Model Number: CU200I
- Super Free Spool
- Cross Carbon Drag
- SVS Infinity Brake System
- Weight: 7.4 ounces
- Line Capacity: 8/180,10/155,14/110
- Bearings: 11
- Gear Ratio: 6.3:1 gear ratio
- Where To Buy Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel: The Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel is available and you can order this here – Click Here To Buy the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel
Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Design
Light in the hands, and well balanced on the rod, the Shimano 2001 Curado RH Baitcast Reel, is a perfect match for both freshwater and saltwater fishing. The reel is available with multiple gear ratios, making it perfect as a general use reel, or which can be selected for a particular class of fish.
Coming with the most advanced technology, the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel is fitted with X-Ship, which stands for Extra Smooth and High Power, providing just as the name suggests, a much smoother reel operation and higher power, with increased gear durability.
There are a lot of technical details that go into the reel, suffice to suggest, the X-Ship significantly reduces casting friction allowing for better performance when casting lighter lures.
On the other end of the use, with hooking a fish, the reel technology presents more even braking force than with reels of the past. This results in much better spool control and the readily available and responsive controls allow one to set the tension just right for just about any fish.
Overall, the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel combination of construction and technology provides a super-rich and controlled feel for casting and retrieving, and it all comes in a package that looks real good too.
Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Details and Features
- It will hold an astounding 155 yards of 10 pound test line, and can be ordered with a 5.5:1, 6.3:1 or 7.2:1 ratio, allowing you the ability to pick the retrieval ratio that gives you the most comfort.
- It comes ready with the Shimano SVS Infinity Brake System, allowing you to set the spool and brake force at whatever you need it to be. It is also fitted with a six-setting adjustable dial that gives a precision of settings that previously was not available.
- It comes with a new spool design that reduced friction, below what was possible before, allowing for much smoother and longer throws, and less spool vibration.
- It comes standard extra smooth and high power gears that are the result of the Shimano X-Ship gear system. This provides much smoother reel operation and higher power, with increased gear durability.
- The reel has the Quick Fire II Clutch Bar Casting System, allowing for fast and easy one-handed casting. The control is in easy reach of the index finger, and casting can be easily activated by pulling the line and trigger in a one-handed operation.
- It is amazing the thought that has gone into the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel, and as simple as a spool may seem, the spool on this reel comes with some pretty special features. Being aluminum, it can resist corrosion longer, which is important if the time between line changes is extended, and the lightweight reduces the forward movement inertia required to unspool the line when casting. This may not sound like much, but in casing, every advancement in technology packed into this reel makes for better casting and retrieval.
- Installed is the SVS Infinity Brake System, which is Shimano’s latest innovation in braking technology. It provides easily managed spool control and brake force, cutting down on casting over spooling and allowing greater precision for spool control when retrieving that hooked fish.
This control is especially important when casting lighter weighted lures, and the well-placed control knob gives the opportunity for exacting adjustments on the fly when required.
- Who would think that the handle grips could make that much difference, but they do. Fitted with PVC power handle grips, makes the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel a breeze for retrieval, with a grip that will keep your fingers able to work all day.
- The Shimano Super Free System is a neat technical trick that pulls back the pinion gear removing any friction on the spool when casting. This provides an almost resistant-free cast giving the opportunity for the added distance that we fishermen always want.
- The Cross Carbon Drag can deliver up to 15.4 pounds of maximum drag pressure by turning the all aluminum star drag. There is no cheap composite material with this reel, which can set the drag to any micro adjustment.
- The Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel can be ordered with 5.5:1, 6.3:1 or 7.2:1 gear ratios. The 7.2:1 ratio will retrieve at an incredible 30 inches of line per crank turn, making the opportunity there for a super fast retrieval.
Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Pros:
Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Functionality
- The Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel package is lightweight and presents unbelievably smooth and easy casting. The controls are well placed, and with it being able to hold 155 years of 10 pound test line, with a retrieval speed of 30 inches per crank, at the 7.2:1 gear ratio, the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel packs a considerable punch.
Related Posts: Daiwa Coastal TWS Saltwater Baitcasting Reel Review – 2016 and Abu Garcia Revo MGXtreme Reel Review
Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Review Concerns
Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Cons:
– What can one say bad about the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel package? Other than possibly of, it would have been nice to see paddle handles, rather than the round PVC handles provided, which is purely personal, there is nothing negative that anyone can say about this reel.
– It was very hard to find any reviews that were bad on this reel, but out of all the ones I found, the only concern was that the drag washer starts wearing out eventually, which happens to anything after lots of use.
Check This YouTube Video on the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel Review
The Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel is beautifully packaged, with all the technological advances to make the reel, what I believe, the best in its class. If you are looking for a reel that can be used for bass, trout, or similar sized fishing, in a freshwater or saltwater environment, then the Shimano 200I Curado RH Baitcast Reel could be just the reel for you.